5 Things to STOP Doing on Instagram
In today’s episode, we are talking about what NOT to do on Instagram and what TO do instead!
As a social media manager, nothing is more frustrating to me than seeing brands I love making easily avoidable mistakes on Instagram.
Back in August 2020, I had finally had enough and decided to go live on Instagram to talk about all of the things I wish brands would stop doing on Instagram and what I suggest they do instead.
It remains one of my most popular Instagram lives to date, so today I wanted to go over those five don’ts and do’s of Instagram once again so that you can stop wasting your time on b.s. strategies that DON’T WORK.
These 5 DON'TS include
- DON’T post to your feed multiple times per day. Instead post 2-3 quality feed posts per week and save your daily posts for your Instagram stories
- Don’t split your feed photos into multiple posts that only look good in your grid but instead use a carousel post to give your audience amazing value
- DO plan and schedule your posts in advance but don't use the auto-post feature on your planning app, just post them manually.
- Don’t post and ghost, instead spend 5 minutes before and five minutes after you post to engage with your audience.
- Don’t forget the three E’s of Social Media which are to Entertain, Educate, and Engage your audience
If you think I missed something or you have any questions at all, please connect with me on Instagram @craftandcluster! I love chatting with you in the DMs and would love to hear any hot takes you have. And to make sure you never miss an episode, be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you like to listen!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
My favorite Instagram planning app:
Disclaimer: The information contained on this podcast and the resources available for download through the accompanying website are for educational and informational purposes only. The information contained on this podcast and the resources available for download through the accompanying website is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as legal, financial, tax, medical, health, or any other professional advice.
Disclosure: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. I may make a small commission from purchases made through some of those links, at no extra cost to you. I promise to only ever link products I know and believe in! Do know that any purchase you make via one of these affiliate links is greatly appreciated, as it will allow me to continue to provide free content to you!