How to Plan a Month of Content
One of the complaints I get most when I'm taking on a new social media management client is that they simply do not have the time to plan their marketing content and don't know what to post in the first place.
Before they come to me, I see one of two things happening: they either posting something on the fly (which rarely delivers results) or they don't post anything at all (which DEFINITELY doesn't deliver results).
I was there once too, but then I learned how to use the process of batching to create more content in a smaller amount of time.
So, in this episode, I walk you through the step-by-step framework I use to batch plan content for myself and my clients every month.
What you'll need:
- A Calendar for the Upcoming Month
- A list of Upcoming Holidays and Promotions You'll be Running that Month
- Plus a place to take notes
- Write down the dates of the things that need to be marketed this month + any holidays that have meaning for your brand
- Write down your caption categories, which are the 3-5 general topics you will cycle through (Such as "About Us," "The Tasting Experience," "Education," or "Behind-the-Scenes.")
- Write down your visual categories, which are 3-5 general photo or video topics you will cycle through (such as People, Places, Products)
- Spend 5-10 minutes brain dumping your ideas
- Map out your post topics on your calendar (this is where I usually move my topics into a digital scheduler like PlannThat so I can more easily visualize them)
- Write out your captions
- Insert your visuals
- Schedule the time you'll post
And then Bob's Your Uncle, you've got yourself a month of content planned!
I've created a grid, like I mentioned in the podcast episode to more easily help you plan your content. You can download a blank copy here
- Episode 16: Measuring Your Success on Instagram
- Digital Instagram & Facebook Scheduler: PlannThat
- Instagram Field Guide Course Waitlist
- Book a 1:1 Instagram Strategy Session with Me!
If you found this episode super valuable, PLEASE rate and review it, and spread the love by screenshotting, sharing, and tagging @craftandcluster on Instagram. And to make sure you never miss an episode, be sure to subscribe!
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com, and if you would like to learn more about me and my services, head to www.craftandcluster.com!
Disclaimer: The information contained on this podcast and the resources available for download through the accompanying website are for educational and informational purposes only. The information contained on this podcast and the resources available for download through the accompanying website is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as legal, financial, tax, medical, health, or any other professional advice.
Disclosure: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. I may make a small commission from purchases made through some of those links, at no extra cost to you. I promise to only ever link products I know and believe in! Do know that any purchase you make via one of these affiliate links is greatly appreciated, as it will allow me to continue to provide free content to you!