Mapping Out Your Marketing Strategy & Content Calendar for the Year
In today’s episode, we welcome my friend Chelsea Boss of SeaBoss Marketing, who will be a regular contributor to the podcast!
Chelsea & I will be outlining 5 steps to plan your entire marketing strategy and then show you how to build out your content calendar for the year, so you can put your content creation on cruise control each month.
The five steps to plan out your Marketing Strategy are:
- Step One: Define your mission statement
- Step Two: Complete a SWOT Analysis
- Step Three: Define your target audience
- Step Four: Create three marketing objectives (AKA marketing Goals)
- Step Five: Create specific initiatives to achieve each objective
Once you've completed your marketing strategy for the year, you'll then want to start applying those strategies to an actual calendar for the year.
Start by laying out the kinds of things we do quarterly. Wine is a product of farming, so we have certain things that happen with the seasons:
- Winter: Dormancy & holidays
- Spring: budbreak and rosé release
- Summer: Veraison and travel
- Fall: Harvest and holiday prep
Then break that down further by month into holidays that we typically run promotions for, like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, & Christmas, to name a few.
Once we’ve laid out the holidays and seasonal activities (like rosé releases), I want to encourage wine brands to count backward by about 4 to 6 weeks so you know when you’re going to need to hire your photographer or videographer for your content assets.
Follow Chelsea on Instagram at
Follow me on Instagram at
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Marketing Strategy & Content Calendar Workbook (enter your email below to get it!)
Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller